Let's meet Kevin W. Smith
1) Why did you decide to get into real estate?
I have always loved real estate because my grandparents and parents have rental properties. Since I was a child, Monopoly has been my favorite board game.
2) What is one piece of advice that you wished you knew at the start of your real estate career?
How much time (especially in this crazy market) it takes to actually do a REALTORS job. Even with time boundaries my clients still email, text and call at all hours. Driving and multi-tasking with so many people, phones, and computers is a huge part of the job.
3) Why did you first start incorporating rentals/leases into your business and why do you continue to do so?
I started with leases! Although they are a lot of work, the clients are happy with my service and end up buying houses, referring friends and co-workers. 94% of my business is all people who trust me to help them as a result of the referral OR previous work that I've done for them.
4) What can we find you doing when you’re not working?
Working out at the gym and lifting weights, going to spin class every morning at 6:30 am (14 miles in 45 mins), spending time with friends, family, and clients. Traveling and enjoying the beautiful place I call home, California.
5) Do you have any active listings? rental or sales? If so, how many?
Yes, This month 5 escrows, completed 4 leases this month with about 10 other clients all using RentSpree!
Founded in 2016, RentSpree is an award-winning rental software known in all 50 states for its easy-to-use tenant screening process, renter management, partnership program, and rental screening API. In just five years, RentSpree has grown its database by partnering with some of the most trusted names in real estate and serves over half a million agents, owners, and renters across the country.