Pepperdine University requires students to live on campus for the first 2 years. However, due to the high demand for the desirable on-campus housing, there is almost always a short supply. Prospective students usually need to sign up as soon as the registration opens. Many will not have any issue. But those who do not make it will be placed on a wait list for the next dorm that opens up.
Pepperdine University is comprised of 5 schools: Seaver College, the School of Law, the Graziadio School of Business and Management, the School of Public Policy, and the Graduate School of Education and Psychology. Students will choose housing options according to which program they belong to.
Living on-campus has a number of great benefits:
- You'll be close to everything on campus meaning you can study late in the library and walk back to your dorm easily.
- You don't need a car. Shuttle service on campus is extremely simple and reliable. You can save money on buying a car, paying for insurance, gas, and much more.
- All the dorms are furnished and come with a kitchen. Utilities & WiFi are included in housing costs and there are no extra costs to pay.
- There are a number of conveniently located dining halls all with superb quality meal options to choose from each day.
- Fitness facilities are located on Seaver campus and Drescher, and are freely available for student use.
- You can utilize the swimming pool & hot tub at your convenience.
- On-site maintenance is available 24/7 should you have any issue with your dorm.
- You can choose your roommate or be assigned a roommate from a pool of other Pepperdine students
- You'll be living in resort-like accomodations complete with beautiful views, fresh air, and ocean breezes all year round.