Pepperdine University's main campus is located in Malibu, California. Check out our quick-fact guide to attending Pepperdine here. Malibu itself is a very beautiful beach town with countless activities. In particular, living on-campus is a great option for resort-style living. Otherwise, you can live off-campus in three popular cities:
Check our Off-Campus Frequently Asked Questions for more info.
Santa Monica is a highly desirable place to live. Just west of downtown Los Angeles, the area is close to just about everything you could need. It boasts amazing views, plenty of outdoor activities, and is just minutes from all the Los Angeles action. There's also an one-of-a-kind beach culture with the Santa Monica Pier and beach so close by.
- Rent cost: average $1,700 per person per month, the more people you are living with, the less you spend generally.
- Commute: 30-45 minute drive to school depending on traffic. You'll take PCH to school directly.
Nestled in a lovely sections of Southern California, Calabasas is a beautiful place to live. A convenient location and quiet community make Calabasas ideal for families, students, and professionals alike. Just 30 minutes away from Los Angeles, there are many houses and apartments for rent in Calabasas CA. There are grocery stores, restaurants and fitness facilities. Safe and quite, Calabasas is one of the best neighborhoods to live in.
Calabasas is the closest inland city to Malibu. You'll have to commute using Malibu Canyon road, which is a beautiful, winding road with breathtaking views.
- Rent cost: average $1,400 per person per month, the more people you are living with, the less you spend generally.
- Commute: 15-20 minute drive to school via Las Virgenes/Malibu Canyon Road.
Despite being on the edge of Los Angeles, Woodland Hills is considered as little downtown. With a vibrant restaurant scene, casual connoisseurs and avid foodies will have a ball checking out the many different places to eat and styles of food that can be found in the Woodland Hills neighborhood. Recently there have been many new plazas, high end villages, shopping malls, and movie theaters built in Woodland Hills area. Woodland Hills is a fun place for young people and the cost of living there is very reasonable.
- Rent cost: average $1,200 per person per month, the more people you are living with, the less you spend generally.
- Commute: 25-35 minute drive to school depending on traffic. Take the 101 Freeway for around 5 miles then take the exit of Las Virgenes road to take Malibu Canyon road.