Palm Desert Apartments and Houses for Rent
A brief history and quick facts about the city
If you plan to rent or invest in a Palm Desert apartment, here is a short history of the city. This city in the Riverside County was initially called a Sand Hole. This had also been called the Old MacDonald Ranch, and then the Palm village. It was the brilliant planning and efforts of Cliff Anderson, his brothers and few investors that converted this piece of land to an upscale city. The area once flourished as a shopping district- and real estate developments began in 1948.
Places of interest in and around Palm Desert
Anyone who looks for a residence option in a city would definitely want to know what the main places of attraction in the city are and fun things to do in and around the area. Here are the common places of attractions generally suggested:
- Palm Springs Art Museum: There are 4 gallery areas in the museum. The museum’s architecture itself is a piece of art. The Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden is one of the main attractions of this museum.
- McCallum Theatre: This modern art center hosts a number of art shows. This would be a perfect place for an “artistic” evening.
- Living Desert Zoo and garden: This is a great place for a family outing. This place showcases desert flora and fauna in a natural environment. Vegetation native to the deserts of Africa and North America can also be seen here. There is a desert play-area and discovery center for the kids.
- Palm Desert Aquatic Centre: This water park consists of water slides, splash pools and swimming pools.
- Aerial Tramway is to experience tramcars that take you 8516 feet up in the air.
Once you become a Palm Desert Resident, here are the things you must do:
- Shop from the numerous shopping centers in Palm desert
- Get in touch with your artistic side and try the public art tour. Palm Desert is a major art attraction hub.
- Hike through the many hiking tracks to enjoy the view of the mountains and the Coachella Valley.
- Shop at El Paseo. Though there are many options for shopping in the Palm Desert, the shopping district of El Paseo is the most favorite of the locals.
- Spend an evening in the park. There are many parks in this city for a perfect evening stroll or a picnic at noon.
- Palm Desert has no limitations in the number of restaurants. Apartments in the Palm desert would be convenient because there are a variety of food joints in the city to suit your every mood.
Living in the city
The major schools and educational institutes you would want to know about before you move into a Palm Desert apartment are College of the Desert, Palm Desert High School and Palm Desert Middle School. These are top rated by the residents of Palm Desert. Graduation rates in Palm Desert are high. Palm Desert is a vacation spot mainly for snowbirds due to its warm climate. The crime rate is pretty low in the city, but be cautious when you rent or buy an apartment in Palm Desert because the property crime rate is a little high in this city. There are a lot of employers in the city and the employment rate is pretty good. The accommodation costs are pretty affordable in comparison with other Californian cities. If you are ready to tolerate a little bad air quality, love hot climate and wish to reside in a city with low crime rates and upscale lifestyle, then choose your apartment in Palm Desert.