Newport Beach Apartments and Houses for Rent
A brief history of Newport Beach
The area where the city is now was once inhabited by the Tongva people. In the post-Civil War period the area was used for shipping and ranching. After the San Pedro Harbor was established, the Newport Beach area was converted into a tourist community where people flocked for the recreational boating facilities. And in 1906, Newport Beach was officially incorporated as a city.
Places of interest in Newport Beach
- Fashion Island/Newport Centre: This is the city’s major entertainment and shopping Centre. This was initially the downtown area of Irvine Ranch. This shopping destination has several boutiques, department stores and food joints.
- Orange County Museum of art: This is one of the greatest museums for art lovers. It has various paintings, sculptures and photographs related California’s conventional and contemporary art. There are many art exhibitions held here as well.
- Balboa fun zone: This amusement Centre is located on East Bay Avenue, Newport Beach. There are a variety of rides like the Ferris wheel, Ocean Motion etc. The Balboa village itself is a full area of tourist attractions with the Ocean and Bayfront Boardwalks, numerous shops, café and boutiques.
After you become a resident of a Newport Beach apartment, there are several more things to try in the city:
- Try the wine tasting and vineyard tours in Newport Beach Vineyards and Orange Coast winery
- Explore marine life through submarine tours arranged by Sea Life Discovery Tours
- Experience a Venice style cruise in a gondola offered by Gondola Adventures.
- Try paddleboards from Pirate Coast
These are just a few things you could do and places you could visit in Newport Beach. In the Corona del Mar neighborhood of Newport Beach itself, there are a plenty of things to try.
Quick facts about the city
Newport Beach is served by 3 nearby airports- John Wayne, Los Angeles International Airport, and Long Beach Airport. An apartment in Newport Beach implies you enjoy good weather all year round. Like other beach cities, Newport Beach experiences pleasant Mediterranean climate. Summer is the peak season owing to its cool seaside summer temperatures. Newport Harbor includes 7 islands and the city comprises 10 culturally diverse neighborhoods.
The city itself and the Newport Harbor have served as shooting spots for several movies and television programs. The city also houses 4 main historical spots- Balboa Pavilion, Balboa Inn, Crystal Cove, and Lovell Beach House.
Celebrity homes in Newport Beach
As a Newport Beach resident, you get to live among several celebrities. Actors like Nicolas Cage, Lauren Bacall, Leo Howard, guitarist Rikk Agnew, tennis ace Geoff Abrams, are few among the huge number of celebrity residents of Newport Beach.
Living in Newport Beach
So you have chosen your Newport Beach Apartment, and would like to know how life would be a resident of this city, here is a little about the life in Newport Beach.
The city is densely populated and suffers from traffic issues like every other city in the US. Also in summers, the city gets more crowded and parking would also be a big issue. For a regular life, though, it is a clean (one of the cleanest beaches in the US) and safe. Each neighborhood is unique and diverse in the culture and residents. The median income is pretty high. The quality of education and health care providers is pretty impressive. Overall, it is a nice place to settle down with a family. If you are residing in a Newport Beach apartment, then every day is a beach holiday.