Reseda is located to the northeast of Woodland Hills and is only 3 miles away from CSUN. Students can easily take a bus to school or drive a short distance. The cost of living in Reseda is relatively low compared to the rest of the area, and it's a perfect spot for CSUN students.
- Rent cost: average $500- $1,200 per person, per month (in general, the more people you live with, the less you spend).
- Commute: about 10 minute drive to school depending on traffic.
Woodland Hills is considered as a little downtown of Los Angeles. With recent additions and renovations of high end villages, shopping malls, and movie theaters, Woodland Hills is a fun place for young people and the cost of living there is very reasonable.
- Rent cost: average $900- $1,500 per person, per month.
- Commute: about 25 minutes to school depending on traffic.
Warner Center is a subset of Woodland Hills and has a lot of good communities. It is a great choice for apartments near CSUN. The commute to school is between 25 and 30 minutes. There are many grocery stores, shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment facilities nearby. RentSpree provide resources for home-stays, single rooms, shared rooms, and apartments.
- Rent cost: between $900 - $1,500 per person, per month.
- Commute: 25-30 minute drive depending on traffic.
Canoga Park is also a good option for CSUN off-campus Housing. It has the most reasonable price range and close location (less than 5 miles to school). Students can always find the “perfect” place for them. While there are buses that come to the area, it can be about a 15-20 minutes drive to campus.
- Rent cost: between $600-$1300 per person, per month, depending on different situations.
- Commute: 15-20 minute drive depending on traffic.